Aval milk recipe | Malabar special Poha milk with ice cream | Poha milkshake recipe with step by step photos:
Poha milk or aval milk is popular in Kerala.I had a chance to visit Kerala with my mother,an year ago.It was then that I tasted this aval milk for the first time and both me and my Mother liked it instantly.It was different,tasty and had a scoop of ice-cream on top which seemed very tempting.I have tried my level best to replicate the same milk shake using dry roasted poha.As per your preference you can make some minor changes here and there while serving this aval milk with ice cream.
thick poha – 3 tbsp
bournvita or horlicks – 1 tbsp (optional)
mashed bananas – 2 to 3
milk – 1/2 cup
raisins – 8 to 10
ice cream – a scoop
sugar – as required ,optional.
- Firstly,dry roast thick poha for 7 to 8 minutes or until they are roasted well.We need to roast poha until it becomes very crisp and starts to crackle.
- Take a serving glass,and to start with optionally add 1 tbsp of bournvita or horlicks as bottom most layer.Further add 2 to 3 tbsp of mashed bananas.I have not used sugar here.If you want you can 2 tsp of sugar and Mix them all well.
- Then add 2 tbsp of roasted poha and 1/2 cup of boiled and cooled milk.Stir well with the help of a spoon.
- Now add 1 more tbsp of roasted poha.
- Further spread some cashew nuts and raisisns.
- Finally top it off with a scoop of your favorite flavored ice cream.I have used tender coconut flavored ice cream.
- That’s all!Enjoy Malabar style aval milk with ice cream 🙂
Step by step photos:
Dry roast a cup of thick poha until it turns out crisp and starts to crackle. Take a serving glass and layer it with horlicks or bournvita first.Optionally you can also add 1 or 2 tsp of sugar.Add 2 tbsp of mashed bananas. Give a good mix.
Add 2 tbsp of roasted poha. Further add 1/2 cup of boiled and cooled milk. Stir well. Add 1 more tbsp of roasted poha. Add some cashew nuts and raisins on top. Finally place a scoop of your favorite ice cream 🙂