baby corn masala recipe | baby corn curry | baby corn gravy with step by step photos:
Today I have got an easy veg gravy recipe that makes a good combination to have with puri,chapati,dosa or rice.Made with blanched baby corns,this gravy gets a creamy texture because of the cashew nut and poppy seeds added to the masala.I would also suggest you to go through crispy baby corn starter recipe which is yet another delicious recipe that can be done in a jiffy.
oil – 7 tsp
cloves – 4
cinnamon – 1
ginger – 1 tbsp
garlic cloves – 20
onion – 1
cashew nuts – 2 tsp
poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
cumin seeds – 1 tsp
bay leaves – 1 or 2
tomato paste – 1 cup
coriander powder – 1 tsp
red chilli powder – 1.5 tsp
turmeric powder – 1/3 tsp
blanced baby corns – 200 grams
salt – as per taste
water – 1.5 cups
kasoori methi – 1 tsp
- In a saute pan heat 4 tsp of oil and add 4 cloves,1 cinnamon,1 tbsp of finely chopped ginger and 20 garlic cloves.Saute them well.
- Next,add half finely chopped onion and fry until translucent.
- Add 2 tsp of cashew nuts and 1 tbsp of poppy seeds.Fry for another 1 minute and turn off the flame.
- Allow the fried ingredients to cool first and then transfer them to a blending jar.Grind into a fine paste.
- In a pan or wok heat 3 tsp of oil and add 1 tsp of cumin seeds,1 or 2 bay leaves and half finely chopped onion.Fry them well.
- Grind 2 tomatoes into fine paste and add to the pan.Cook for 5 minutes.
- Further,add 1 tsp of coriander powder,a and half tsp of red chilli powder,1/3 tsp of turmeric powder and 200 grams of blanched baby corns that are vertically slit and roughly chopped.Mix well.
- Add salt as per taste.Fry on low flame for 2 minutes and add already prepared paste(onion-garlic-ginger-cashew nut-poppy seed….).Add about 1 and half cups of water and boil the gravy for another 5 minutes on low flame.
- After boiling the gravy for 5 minutes crush a tsp of kasoori methi and add to the gravy.Mix well and turn off the flame.This creamy baby corn masala would go well with roti,chapati,dosa or white rice.
Step by step photos:
In a pan heat oil and fry cloves,cinnamon,ginger,garlic and onion until onion turns translucent.Further add cashew nuts and poppy seeds and fry again for a minute.Turn off the flame and allow the ingredients to cool. Transfer the fried ingredients to a blending jar and grind into a smooth paste.Next,in a separate pan or wok,heat oil and fry cumin seeds,bay leaves and half finely chopped onion.Fry them well. Grind 2 tomatoes into fine paste and add it to the pan.Cook for 5 minutes.Further add all the spices like coriander powder,red chilli powder,turmeric powder and mix again. Add 200 gms of blanched and roughly chopped baby corns.Add salt as per taste. Mix well and cook on low flame for 2 minutes. Further add already prepared paste and mix again. Add about 1 and half cups of water. Boil the gravy for 5 minutes on low flame. Finally add crushed kasoori methi and mix well.Turn off the flame.Serve this creamy baby corn masala with roti,chapati,puri,dosa or white rice.