Besan toast recipe | Bread besan toast | Quick evening snack recipes with step by step photos:
Besan toast is an attempt to give a twist to our usual bread toast.It is delicious and tastes like bread pakoda ! Easy to make,an interesting recipe to try for your kids evening snacks 🙂
gram flour – 1 cup
cumin seeds – 1 tsp
carom seeds – 1/2 tsp
dry ginger powder – 1/2 tsp
turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
asafoetida – a pinch
red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
salt – as per taste
green chilli – 2
tomato – 1/2 cup,finely chopped
onion – 1
coriander leaves – 1/4 cup,finely chopped
bread slices – 6 to 8
- Firstly,we need to prepare a batter for the toast.In a mixing bowl take gram flour,cumin seeds,carom seeds,dry ginger powder,turmeric powder,asafoetida,red chilli powder,salt and finely chopped green chillies all as per the measurements mentioned above.
- Add water little at a time and whisk well to prepare a thick batter.Make sure you remove all the lumps created in the batter.
- Next,add 1/2 cup of finely chopped tomato,1 finely chopped onion and 1/4 cup of finely chopped coriander leaves to the batter and mix again.
- With the above mentioned quantities of ingredients we can make 6 to 8 besan toasts.Take each bread slice and dip it in the batter.Give a coating of the batter on both sides and shallow fry the batter coated bread slices on tawa with little oil.
- Fry on each side for about 2 minutes on low flame.
- Serve this besan bread toast with a dip/chutney/sauce of your choice 🙂
Step by step photos:
Take all the above mentioned ingredients viz.,gram flour,cumin seeds,carom seeds,dry ginger powder,turmeric powder,asafoetida,red chilli powder,salt and finely chopped green chillies in a mixing owl.
Mix all the ingredients. Now add water little at a time and wish well while removing the lumps. Make it a thick batter.Now add,finely chopped tomato,onion and coriander leaves.
Mix again and prepare a thick batter. Take each bread slice and dip it in the batter.Give a good coating of the batter to bread slice. Shallow fry or toast the bread slice with very little oil on a hot tawa on low flame. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes on low flame.
Serve this easy,instant and tasty besan toast with a dip of your choice 🙂 ..