Coconut cake recipe | Eggless coconut cake | Coconut cake in oven with step by step photos:
A quick,easy and flavored coconut cake is what I am going to write about today.Nobody in my family is a fan of cake or pastries.But once in a month or so I do try a cake recipe and my recent try was coconut cake,which turned out to be simply delicious and everyone at home liked it 🙂 .I have used homemade fresh and thick coconut milk for this recipe which imparted a nice flavor and taste to the cake.Additionally I also added a cup of dry roasted coconut to the batter.Rest all ingredients remain same and are the basic ingredients for any cake recipe.
maida/all purpose flour – 1 cup
butter – 1/2 cup
powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
roasted coconut – 1/2 cup
baking soda – 1/2 tsp
baking powder – 1/2 tsp
vanilla essence – 4 drops (optional)
coconut milk – 1 cup
- To start with sift 1 cup of maida into a mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl take 1/2 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.Mixing butter and powdered sugar is a very important step in making soft and spongy cake.More you whisk and mix them more light the mixture becomes.This mixing procedure should go on for at least 5 to 7 minutes.
- Next,add sifted flour(maida) and mix again.
- Further add 1/2 cup of dry roasted coconut,1/2 tsp of baking soda,1/2 tsp of baking powder and 4 drops of vanilla essence.Adding essence is optional.If at all you are making this cake using egg then vanilla essence or coconut essence becomes a mandatory ingredient.For an egg less cake adding essence is optional.
- Finally add 1 cup of thick homemade coconut milk and give a final mix.
- Grease the cake pan with butter and line it with butter paper.
- Pour the cake batter into greased cake tray.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and place the cake tray in oven.Bake at 180 degrees for exactly 30 minutes and you are done with an egg less version of delicious and flavored coconut cake 🙂 .Before you remove the cake from tray allow it to cool completely.That’s it !! delicious egg-less coconut cake will be ready to eat.
Step by step photos:
Sift 1 cup of maida into a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl take 1/2 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.Mix them well.Mix until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Mix until butter turns light and pale in color.Next,add sifted flour into butter-sugar mixture.Mix well.Add 1/2 cup of dry roasted coconut,1/2 tsp of baking soda,1/2 tsp of baking powder and 4 drops of vanilla essence.Mix everything together. Finally add a cup of thick,homemade coconut milk..little at a time and mixing gently.Do not mix or whisk the batter vigorously after adding baking powder and soda. Transfer the cake batter into a greased and lined cake tray.
Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and bake the cake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes. After baking for 30 minutes allow the cake to cool completely before you remove it from the cake tray.