egg ghotala recipe | surat special anda ghotala with step by step photos:
Word ‘ghotala’ in hindi means ‘gadbad’or ‘confusion’ 😀 That’s what exactly this dish looks or sounds like – just by looking at the dish you can’t judge whether eggs are boiled,fried or scrambles ! well,its actually a mess.Boil the eggs first and then grate it!..mix with masala and pour on half cooked egg bulls eye :O .. confusing yet ? here comes the recipe 😉
butter – 3 tbsp
oil – 1 tsp
onion – 1,finely chopped
ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
green chilli – 1, finely chopped
tomatoes – 2,finely chopped
salt – as per taste
garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
coriander leaves – 1 tbsp,finely chopped
eggs – 4
- Firstly to prepare the egg tomato masala,heat 3 tbsp of butter in a saute pan and add 1 finely chopped onion.Saute the onions and add 1/2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Also add 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder,1/4 tsp of coriander powder and turmeric powder each and 1 finely chopped green chilli.Fry them all for few seconds.
- Further add 2 finely chopped tomatoes and salt as per taste.Give a mix,close with a lid and cook on low flame until the tomatoes shrink and become soft and mushy.
- Next,add 1/4 tsp of garam masala powder and 1 tbsp of finely chopped coriander leaves.Grate 2 hard boiled eggs into the masala and mix well.Cook on low flame for 2 more minutes.
- While the egg masala is cooking on low flame,on another stove keep a pan and add a tsp of oil.Beat 2 eggs for making sunny side up omelette.Make sure the eggs do not get completely cooked.Sprinkle a pinch of salt and chilli powder.While the eggs are still half cooked,turn off the flame and transfer the omelette onto the serving plate.
- Upon the omelette spread already prepare egg tomato masala and end it by sprinkling few finely chopped coriander leaves.That’s what is egg ghotala! For more clarity refer to the step by step photos along with description given below.
Step by step photos:
Heat 3 tbsp of butter in a saute pan. Add onion ,saute well and add 1/2 tsp of ginger garlic paste. Next,add red chilli powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and finely chopped green chilli. Fry the spices for few seconds on low flame and add finely chopped tomatoes and salt to taste. Cook the tomatoes on low flame until they turn soft and mushy. Finally add garam masala powder,coriander leaves.Mix well and grate 2 hard boiled eggs into the masala. Cook on low flame for 2 more minutes.
Meanwhile make a half cooked bulls-eye omelette by spreading a tsp of oil in another pan and beating 2 eggs into it. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and chilli powder. Do not cook the eggs completely. While the egg yolks are still runny,transfer the omelette onto the serving plate. By now even the egg masala would be ready.Place egg masala(as much as you like) on the half cooked omelette as shown in the picture.The remaining cooking part takes place on the serving plate itself 😀 as the masala is served hot. Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves and there is your GHOTALA ! :p .. Enjoy maadi !!n