egg pepper fry | malabar egg pepper roast recipe with step by step photos:
Egg pepper fry ! it’s an easy to do,instant and delicious egg dish.We need very few ingredients for this recipe and apart from hard boiled eggs,salt and pepper all the remaining ingredients can be flexibly changed as per our preference and availability.So lets see how to make this easy and super quick egg pepper fry.
hard boiled eggs – 3
oil – 3 tbsp
mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
curry leaves – 10 to 12
onion – 1/2 cup,finely chopped
ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
tomatoes – 2 , finely chopped
green chilli – 1,thin slit
turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
salt – to taste
water – 1/2 cup
black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
coriander leaves – 1 or 2 tbsp
- Heat up 3 tbsp of oil in a pan and add 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.Once they start spluttering add curry leaves and fry.
- Next add 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion and fry them until they turn translucent.
- Add 1/2 tsp of ginger garlic paste and fry again.
- Further.add 2 finely chopped tomatoes,1 thin slit green chilli and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.Add salt to taste.Cook them until tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and boil for 2 to 3 minutes under closed lid.
- Add 3 boiled eggs.Make cut marks on eggs before adding them to the pan.
- Add 1/2 tsp of pepper powder.And adjust salt at this stage as per preference.
- Fry eggs along with masala for 2 to 3 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Finally add few finely chopped coriander leaves and our quick and easy egg pepper fry will be ready to serve 🙂
Step by step photos:
Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.Once they start spluttering add curry leaves and fry. Add 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion and fry them until they turn translucent.Further add 1/2 tsp of ginger garlic paste and fry. Next add finely chopped tomatoes along with turmeric powder,green chilli and salt.Cook them until tomatoes turn soft and mushy. Add 1/2 cup of water and boil the gravy for 2 to 3 minutes. Next,add 3 boiled eggs with cut marks made on the surface.Also add 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
Fry the eggs along with masala for 2 to 3 minutes and turn off the flame. Finally add few finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well. That’s all the steps to follow for making a delicious and easy egg pepper fry.Enjoy maadi 🙂