A simple and easy recipe to make moist and soft dates cake.This is an egg-less cake recipe made without oven.Tastes perfect and takes in very few ingredients.
- Seedless dates – 5 to 6
- Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/4 cup
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Curd – 4 to 5 tsp
- Milk -1/2 to 3/4 cup
- To start with,soak 5 to 6 seedless dates in half cup of milk for 4 hours.This will soften the dates.
- After 4 hours of soaking grind dates along with soaked milk and keep aside the paste in a cup.
- Next,take a mixing bowl and 3/4th cup of powdered sugar and 1/2 cup of butter.
- Mix butter and powdered sugar really well and keep aside.
- Into a separate mixing bowl,sieve 1 cup of all purpose flour,1/4th tsp of salt and 1/4th tsp of baking soda.If possible sieve these dry ingredients 2 to 3 times.
- Now to these dry ingredients add 4 to 5 tsp of curd and mix well.
- Next,add the dates paste and mix again.
- Finally add butter-sugar mixture and mix well again.If you find the batter to be too thick add little milk to adjust the consistency.But make sure that the batter consistency is little thicker than the sponge cake batter.
- Grease a cake tin with butter and pour in the cake batter.Make sure the batter is filled only up to 3/4th of the tin otherwise the batter may overflow while baking(in cooker or oven).
- Spread some sand,about 1 inch thick layer of sand inside an old pressure cooker. Pre-heat the cooker with sand in it for 5 minutes.
- Carefully place the cake tin inside the cooker(without burning your hands).
- Remove the gasket and weight valve from cooker lid and then close the cooker with lid.
- Bake it in low flame for about 30 minutes or until the cake is cooked(baked) well.That’s all the procedure for making an egg less dates cake without oven.For more clarity refer to the images below.
Step by step photos:
Soak 5 to 6 seedless dates in 1/2 cup of milk for 4 hours and then grind them along with milk into a fine paste.
In a separate bowl,take 3/4th cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of butter and mix them really well. Into a large mixing bowl,sieve 1 cup of all purpose flour,1/4th tsp of baking soda and 1/4th tsp of salt. Also add 4 to 5 tsp of curd. Mix everything together. Now add already prepared dates paste and mix again. Next,add the mixture of butter and powdered sugar. Mix until you get a pouring consistency batter. If you find the batter to be very thick add little milk and adjust the consistency.This batter should be thicker than a sponge cake batter. Pour the batter into a cake tin greased with butter. Take an old cooker and fill it with an inch layer of sand. Heat(preheat) the cooker for 5 minutes. Place the cake tin in middle carefully. Close the cooker lid without gasket and weight valve. Bake the cake in cooker for 30 minutes or until it is cooked(baked) well.This should be done in low flame. That’s all !!! 🙂 our super soft and spongy egg less dates cake is ready to taste 🙂