Instant Rasam Recipe | Tomato Rasam Recipe | Tomato saaru recipe with step by step photos:
Yet another tomato rasam 😀 .. its instant,spicy,tangy and refreshing!! takes only about 10 to 15 minutes of preparation.I have used homemade rasam powder for this recipe.You can find rasam powder recipe here:Rasam Powder.I would also suggest you to go through the traditional way of making a Udupi style tomato rasam.Here is the recipe:Udupi style Tomato Rasam.Other than that I have also posted Lemon rasam,Pepper rasam,Dal rasam and Kerala Rasam.
tomatoes – 3
green chilli – 1
oil – 1 tbsp
mustard seeds – 1 tsp
curry leaves – 15
crushed garlic cloves – 6
dry red chilli – 1
turmeric powder – 1/3 tsp
rasam powder – 2 tsp
salt – as per taste
ghee – 1/2 tsp
coriander leaves – 1 tbsp,finely chopped
- Grind 3 tomatoes along with a green chilli into a fine paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a sauce-pot or a wok,and add 1 tsp of mustard seeds.Once mustard seeds start spluttering add 15 curry leaves,6 crushed garlic cloves,1 red chilli and saute for few seconds.
- Now add already prepared tomato paste and stir once.
- Cook it on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Next,add 1/3 tsp of turmeric powder,2 tsp of rasam powder,salt to taste and mix well.
- Add 2.5 to 3 cups of water,give a stir and boil on medium flame for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and add 1 tbsp of finely chopped coriander leaves and 1/2 tsp of ghee at the end.Give a good stir and our instant and mouthwatering tomato rasam will be ready 🙂 ..Enjoy maadi !
Step by step photos:
Add 3 tomatoes into a blending jar. Also add 1 green chilli and grind them into a fine paste. Take a sauce pot and heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add 1 tsp of mustard seeds. Once they start spluttering,add 15 curry leaves. Adding 6 crushed garlic cloves imparts a nice aroma to the rasam. Break 1 dry red chilli into 2 and add.Saute them for few seconds. Now add already prepared tomato paste. Cover with a lid and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes,open the lid and stir once.Now add 1/3 tsp of turmeric powder. Add 2 tsp of rasam powder. Add salt as per taste. Mix well and 2.5 to 3 cups of water. Stir once and cover with a lid.Boil on medium flame for another 5 minutes. After 5 minutes of boiling turn off the flame and 1 tbsp of finely chopped coriander leaves. Finally add 1/2 tsp of ghee for a good aroma.
Serve this instant and mouth watering rasam with hot steaming white rice.Or simply drink like a soup as I do 😉 .