Instant rava appe | Instant Rava appam recipe | Instant breakfast ideas with step by step photos:
Yet another instant breakfast idea 😀 ! Instant rava appe or appam is a quick,easy to make breakfast recipe! You can also include them in your kids tiffin box .I would also suggest you to read our other instant breakfast recipes like : Instant ragi idli,instant dosa recipes and other instant brekafast items.
oil – 2 +1 tsp
mustard – 1 tsp
cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
ginger – 1 tbsp,finely chopped
onion – 1,finely chopped
green chillies – 2 , thin sliced
cashew nuts – 2 tbsp,broken
carrot – 1/2 cup,grated
suji – 1 cup
curd – 1 cup
salt – as per taste
coriander leaves – 1/4 cup,finely chopped
cooking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Firstly,heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan.Once oil is heated well add a tsp of mustard seeds and wait until it splutters.Add 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Also add 1 tbsp of finely chopped ginger and saute for few seconds.
- Add 1 finely chopped onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Next,add 2 finely chopped green chillies,2 tbsp of broken cashew nuts and 1/2 cup of grated carrot.
- Fry them for 2 more minutes and turn off the flame.
- In a mixing bowl take 1 cup of suji and add 1 cup of curd.Add salt as per taste.Also add 1/4 cup of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Now add all the fried ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix them all well.Allow this batter to rest for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add 1/2 tsp of cooking soda and mix well.Add little water if required to adjust the batter consistency.It should be a thick batter with consistency of an idli batter.
- Keep cavity appam pan or guliyappam pan on stove.Add few drops of oil into each cavity and drop in about a tbsp of prepared batter into the pan.
- Let the appe’s get cooked for 3 minutes on each side on low to medium flame.
- Serve these tasty and instant rava appe with a spicy chutney of your choice.
Step by step photos:
Heat a tsp pf oil in a pan and add 1 tsp of mustard seeds and 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.Add 1 tbsp of finely chopped ginger and saute.Next add 1 finely chopped onion and saute for 2 minutes.Next add 2 finely chopped green chillies,2 tbsp of broken cashew nuts and 1/2 cup of grated carrot.Fry for 2 more minutes. Turn off the flame and keep aside the fried ingredients.Next,in a mixing bowl,take 1 cup of suji. Add 1 cup of curd. Add salt as per taste. Also add 1/4 cup of finely chopped coriander leaves. Now add the fried ingredients. Mix everything together. Let the batter rest for 30 minutes.Add 1/2 tsp of cooking soda. Add little water to adjust the batter consistency. Heat a guliyappam pan on stove and add few drops of oil into the cavities. Drop in the thick batter into the pan. Cook these instant appams on each side for about 3 minutes on medium flame. Serve these appe with any spicy chutney of your choice.