instant sweet idli recipe | instant breakfast recipes | instant rava idli recipe with step by step photos:
I am back with an instant breakfast recipe specially dedicated for busy working mothers 🙂 . We all make instant rava masala idli which is an easy and healthy recipe for a quick breakfast.Today’s recipe has got a slight twist in the ingredients to make it sweet.The amount of work and time required to make instant sweet idli’s are much less compared to instant masala idli.Give it a try and your kids are going to love it!
Semolina – 1 and 1/2 cup
Curd – 1 and 3/4 cup
Jaggery syrup – 1/2 cup
salt – 1/2 tsp
baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- In a pan dry roast 1.5 cups of semolina or rava on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the dry roasted rava into a mixing bowl and add 1 cup of curd.
- Mix curd and rava.Add about 3/4th cup curd more and mix again.The exact amount of curd required may depend on the thickness of curd and quality of rava.You need to check the final batter consistency and accordingly vary the quantity of curd.
- Add 1/2 cup of jaggery syrup and mix again.To prepare jaggery syrup melt 1 cup of jaggery in a pan with 1/2 cup of water on low flame.Filter the syrup and store it in refrigerator.You can use it whenever you want to make any instant sweet recipes that requires melted jaggery.
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt and a pinch of baking soda,about 1/4 tsp, to the batter and mix again.
- Fill the batter(no fermentation required) to greased idli plates and steam cook for 15 minutes.
- Server these delicious idlis with any spicy chutney of your choice and enjoy!
Step by step photos:
Dry roast 1.5 cups of rava in a pan on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer roasted rava into a mixing bowl,add 1 and 3/4 th cup of curd and mix well. Add 1/2 cup of jaggery syrup and mix again. Grease idli plates and fill them with the prepared idli batter. Steam cook the idlis for 15 minutes and they are ready to serve! Serve these delicious sweet idlis with any spicy chutney of your choice.