instant wheat flour dosa | wheat dosa recipe | Godhi dose recipe with step by step photos:
We call it curd dosa or mosaru dosa whereas actually it is a wheat flour dosa.Its an instant dosa that can be made in a jiffy.I have already posted few instant dosa recipes like instant rava dosa,instant jowar dosa,instant neer dosa,instant ragi dosa and instant oats dosa.You can find all these instant dosa recipes in a single post here:Top – 4 instant dosa recipes.
To make instant wheat flour dosa firstly we add warm ghee to wheat flour and crumble it well.Adding warm ghee makes dosa very crisp.This is the easiest version of wheat flour dosa.You can also add rice flour and semolina or suji to the batter to make it more crispy.But the recipe posted here takes minimum number of ingredients and yet makes a tasty and crispy instant breakfast.Serve these dosas with a spicy chuntey of your choice.I found ginger chutney to be the best match.
wheat flour – 1 cup
warm ghee – 2 tsp
curd – 1/2 cup
salt – as per taste
cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
oil – 1/2 to 1 tsp for each dosa
onion – 1/2 cup,finely chopped
coriander leaves – 1/2 cup,finely chopped
- Add 1 cup wheat flour to a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tsp of warm ghee and mix well with the flour.
- Next,add 1/2 cup of curd.
- Mix again and add water little at a time checking the batter consistency.Make it a slightly thick but flowing consistency batter.
- Add salt as per taste and 1/2 tsp cumin seeds.
- Heat a dosa tawa and spread little oil.
- Take a ladle full of batter and spread it thin on tawa as shown in the pictures below.
- On top spread some finely chopped onion and finely chopped coriander leaves.Press it lightly using a dosa spatula.
- Cook dosa well until it turns crisp.
- Fold dosa in middle and serve with a spicy chutney.
Step by step photos:
Take 1 cup of wheat flour in a mixing bowl. Add 2 tsp of warm ghee. Give a good mix. Further add 1/2 cup of curd.
Mix again and add water as required. Stir well and remove all the lumps. Further,add salt as per taste. Also add 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds,mix well and keep the batter ready. Heat a dosa tawa and spread oil. Spread a ladle full of batter.Spread it thin. Sprinkle some finely chopped onion and finely chopped coriander leaves on top. Roast well on one side and fold dosa in middle. Serve with any spicy chutney of your choice.