Kadai paneer recipe | restaurant style kadai paneer recipe with step by step photos:
Kadai paneer is the most frequently ordered North Indian veg curry in any restaurant.One of my personal favorite too 🙂 . It has a rich creamy gravy that makes it suitable for rotis,naan,kulcha or even white rice and jeera rice.It is easy to make and is an instant recipe too.
[ingredients title=”Ingredients for masala powder”]
- dry red chillies – 2
- coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- fennel seeds – 1/3 tsp
- pepper corns – 1/4 tsp
[ingredients title=”Ingredients for masala paste”]
- oil – 2 tbsp
- garlic cloves – 5 to 6
- ginger – 1 inch
- green chilli – 1
- onion – 1.5
- tomatoes – 3
- cashew nuts – 20
- milk – 3 tbsp
[ingredients title=”Ingredients for preparation”]
- oil – 2 tsp
- onion – 1/2
- capsicum – 1
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- paneer – 200 gms
- kasoori methi – 1 tsp
- Dry roast all ingredients required for making masala powder and grind them into a fine powder.
- Fry all the ingredients required for making masala paste in 2 tbsp of oil and allow fried ingredients to cool.
- Add fried and cooled ingredients into a blending jar and also add 20 cashew nuts and grind them into a fine masala paste.Soaking the cashew nuts in milk for 10 minutes before grinding them will enhance the taste.
- In a pan,heat 2 tsp of oil.
- Add 5 to 6 garlic cloves,1 inch of ginger and 1 green chilli.Fry them for few seconds and add 1.5 medium sized onion,that is roughly chopped.Fry onions for few minutes.
- Next,add 3 tomatoes that are roughly chopped.Fry and cook until the tomatoes become soft and pulpy.
- Turn off the flame,allow the fried ingredients to cool and them to a blending jar.
- Also add 20 soaked cashew nuts to blending jar.soaking cashew nuts for 10 to 15 minutes in warm milk will enhance the taste and texture of the gravy.
- Grind them into a very fine masala paste and keep it aside.
- Next in a kadai heat 2 tsp of oil.
- Add 1/2 medium sized and roughly chopped onion to kadai.
- Fry it for 1 or 2 minutes and add 1 roughly chopped capsicum.Fry it for few seconds and add masala paste.
- Add water and adjust gravy consistency.Because of the cashew nuts that we add in the masala,gravy gets thickened fast and hence we need to adjust the gravy consistency accordingly.
- Add salt as per taste and 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.Mix well with the gravy and add already prepared masala powder.
- Mix again and add paneer cubes.Stir once and close the kadai with a lid.Cook it on low to medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes.
- After 6 to 7 minutes of boiling the gravy,open the lid and add a tsp of crushed kasoori methi.Mix well and turn off the flame.
Step by step photos:
Dry roast all the spices mentioned under ‘Ingredients required for masala powder’. Add roasted and cooled spices into a blending jar and grind them into a fine powder. In a pan heat up 2 tbsp of oil. Add garlic cloves,ginger,green chilli and onion and fry them well for few minutes. Next add 3 chopped tomatoes and fry them.Close the pan with a lid and cook until tomatoes turn soft and pulpy.
Allow fried ingredients to cool and add them to a blending jar.Also add 20 cashew nuts that were soaked in warm milk for 10 minutes.Grind them into a fine paste.
Keep aside the masala paste.Next heat up 2 tsp of oil in a kadai. Add 1/2 onion that is roughly chopped and fry for few minutes.Also add 1 capsicum that is roughly chopped and fry again. Next add masala paste and add water to adjust gravy consistency.Mix well. Add salt as per taste and 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder. Add masala powder and mix well with gravy. Add paneer cubes and cook on low to medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes.Finally add 1 tsp of kasoori methi and mix well with gravy.
Turn off the flame and our kadai paneer will be ready to serve 🙂