Kaju Pista Shake | Kaju milk shake recipe with step by step photos:
Kaju(cashew nuts) and Pista(pistachio) milkshake is a heavy,rich and creamy shake which you can easily supplement for your breakfast along with fruits or bread and omelette.I personally like this milk shake a lot because of its creamy texture.Its a very good energy booster too.Just try this recipe once and I am sure you will be impressed by its luxurious taste and texture and keep repeating this recipe atleast twice a week.
I have used both sugar and condensed milk in this recipe which can be replaced by either only sugar or only condensed milk.But adding condensed milk enhances the creamy texture of the milkshake.And also you can make your own variations by replacing pista with anjeer or seedless dates.Its better to use soaked cashew nuts for this recipe but if you are in a hurry to have your breakfast you can even skip soaking cashew nuts.After all,cooking is about experimenting without losing the nutritional values of each ingredient.So you are free to try your own version of kaju shake.But I strongly recommend you to try this recipe before making any changes as I am sure you may just stick to this recipe without making variations 😉 ..
cashew nuts – 1/2 cup
pistachio – 1/2 cup
fennel seeds – 1 tsp
cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
milk – 2 glasses
sugar powder – 2 tsp
saffron – 15 to 20
condensed milk – 2 tsp
few ice cubes for serving
- Soak cashew nuts in hot water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Drain water and transfer soaked cashew nuts to a blending jar.
- Add 1/2 cup of pistachio to same blending jar.
- Also add 1 tsp of fennel seeds and little milk and grind everything together into a very fine paste.
- Transfer the paste of cashew nuts & pistachio to a bowl or a jar.Add 2 glass full of milk.
- Stir and mix it well.
- Add 2 tsp of powdered sugar and 2 tsp of condensed milk.
- For an aromatic flavor add 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Finally add 15 saffron strands soaked in milk for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Give a good mix and stir well.
- Serve with some ice cubes or chill this milk shake in refrigerator before serving.
Step by step photos:
Soak 1/2 cup of cashew nuts in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain water and transfer soaked cashew nuts to a blending jar.
Also add 1/2 cup of pistachio to blending jar. Adding a tsp of fennel seeds enhances the flavor of kaju shake. Add little milk and grind everything into a fine paste. Transfer the paste to a glass bowl and add 2 glasses of milk. Stir well and add 2 tsp of powdered sugar. Also adding 2 tsp of condensed milk will enhance creamy texture of milk shake. Add 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder. Finally add 15 saffron strands soaked in milk for 15 minutes. Give a good mix.
Serve the milk shake either chilled or with some ice cubes. Breakfast is just a reason..you can have this luxurious and super tasty kaju pista shake at any time of day 😉 …Enjoy maadi !