Kesari Bath Recipe | Rava Kesari with step by step photos:
Kesaribath or Rava Kesari originated from Karnataka is a sweet dish popular all over India.It is prepared during festivals and also in wedding functions and other celebrations.It is one such sweet dish that is prepared for normal breakfasts too.It is served with Kharabath or Uppittu or Upma.When both kharabath and kesribath are served together in one plate its called as the “Chow Chow Bath” 🙂 Here comes a detailed recipe of Kesribath with step by step photos.
Rava – 1 cup
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 2 cups
Water – 2 cups
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Saffron – 0.25 gms
Cashew nuts – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Heat 3 to 4 tsp of ghee in a pan and add 1 cup of suji or rava.
- Fry suji on lowest possible flame for 5 to 7 minutes.Keeping the flame low is important otherwise suji would change the color and turn dark.
- Transfer the fried ghee roasted suji onto a plate and keep aside.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a kadai or a sauce pot.
- When water comes to a boil,add roasted suji gradually and stir continuously to avoid lump formation.
- Once you make sure there are no lumps close the vessel with a lid,keep the flame low and let suji get cooked for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes open the lid and stir once again.
- Now add 2 cups of sugar.Authentically it is a very sweet dish and when served it is served in small quantity.However,if you wish to reduce the quantity of sugar you can do so.
- Keep stirring until sugar melts completely.
- After sugar has melted add remaining ghee(out of half cup) and mix well.
- Also add saffron strands.Before adding saffron soak them in warm milk for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix well and finally add ghee roasted cashew nuts and raisins.And our tasty Kesari Bath will be ready to serve 🙂
Step by step recipe with photos:
Heat 3 to 4 tsps of ghee in a pan.Add 1 cup rava to ghee and fry in low flame for 5 to 7 minutes.Keep aside the fried rava.In a sauce pot boil 2 cups of water.Once the water comes to a boil add fried rava to boiling water.Stir well and make sure there are no lumps created.Cook on low flame for 2 minutes with lid closed.After cooking for 2 minutes on low flame open the lid and add 2 cups of sugar.Wait until sugar melts completely.Keep stirring until then.Once sugar has melted completely add remaining quantity of ghee.Mix well after adding ghee and add saffron soaked in warm milk.Give a good mix after adding saffron.Turn off the flame and 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.Also add ghee roasted cashew nuts and raisins and mix well.Mix everything together and our tasty,mouth watering Kesari bath will be ready to serve 🙂