Curd Poha | Mosaravalakki recipe with step by step photos:
An easy breakfast recipe that requires very less effort! less of chopping work! less ingredients yet mouthwatering,spicy and tangy instant breakfast recipe! Mosaru avalakki is what we call in our native language,mosaru meaning curd and avalakki meaning beaten rice or poha.
thick poha(beaten rice) – 1 cup
fresh curd – 1 cup
salt – as per taste
green chilli – 1
fresh shredded coconut – 1/4 cup
coriander leaves – 2 tsp,finely chopped
oil – 1 tbsp
mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
urad dal – 1 tsp
chana dal – 1 tsp
curry leaves – 5
cashew nuts – 1 tbsp
- Firstly,wash 1 cup of thick poha and drain the water completely.
- Soak washed poha in 1 cup of curd for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes of soaking,add salt to taste.
- Also add 1 finely chopped green chilli,1/4 cup of fresh and shredded coconut,2 tsp of finely chopped coriander leaves and mix everything together.
- Finally add a tempering of mustard seeds,urad dal,curry leaves,chana dal and cashew nuts all fried in oil.
- Give a final mix and our easy to make curd poha or mosaru avalakki will be ready to serve 🙂 .Serve it immediately.
Step by step photos:
Wash 1 cup of thick poha,drain the water and add it to a mixing bowl.Add 1 cup of fresh curd to same mixing bowl and mix well.Allow poha to soak in curd for 5 minutes.After 5 minutes add salt as per taste. Further,add 1 finely chopped green chilli. Next,add 1/4 cup of fresh shredded coconut.
Also add 2 tsp of finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix everything together. Fry 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds,1 tsp each of chana dal and urad dal,5 curry leaves and 1 tbsp of cashew nuts in 1 tbsp of oil and add it to the poha in mixing bowl.
Mix again. And our curd poha will be ready to serve.Serve it immediately.