I have already posted 3 recipes for neer dosa:the authentic method of making neerdosa,instant version of neerdosa and once again while posting kori sukka recipe.Today’s post is about spicy neer dosa.Its popularly known by the name Khara tellavu ..khara meaning spicy and tellavu meaning neerdosa :).You can make your own variations to this recipe and see what combination works best!
dosa rice – 2.5 cups or 1/2 kg
shredded fresh coconut – 1/2 cup
dry red chillies(byadgi) – 6 to 7
coriander seeds – 4 tsp
onions – 2
salt – as per taste
coriander leaves – 2 to 3 tbsp
oil – to make dosas
Ingredients for banana-jaggery pudding:
jaggery – 1/4 cup
coconut – 1/2 cup
cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Soak dosa rice for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Add soaked rice to a blending jar.Also add dry red chillies,coriander seeds,coconut,salt and onion.Add little water and grin the rice into a very fine batter.
- Transfer the jar to a vessel and add enough water to bring the batter consistency into that of a neerdosa batter.
- To the prepared batter add 2 to 3 tbsp of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Apply little oil to hot neer dosa tawa on high flame and make neerdosas as explained here.
- To prepare banana jaggery pudding,mash 4 ripe bananas in a mixing bowl and to that add 1/4 cup of powdered jaggery.Mix well while mashing both banana and jaggery.Add 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder and mix again.Serve this banana jaggery pudding along with masala neerdosa.
Step by step photos:
Add soaked dosa rice to blending jar. Add 1/2 cup of shredded coconut,6 to 7 dry red chillies,4 tsp of coriander seeds,salt as per taste and 2 onions. Add little water and grind into a smooth and fine batter. Transfer the batter to a vessel. Add enough water to bring the batter into watery consistency. Now add 2 to 3 tbsp of finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well with the batter. Apply oil to neer dosa tawa. Spread the batter. In a mixing bowl, take 4 ripe bananas and add 1/4 cup of jaggery.Mash them well together and add 1/2 cup of fresh shredded coconut. Add 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder. Serve this as side dish along with prepared masala neer dosa.