matar methi pulao | methi pulao recipe | matar pulao recipe with step by step photos:
I am sure you would have tried matar pulao.Its a quick lunch box recipe for kids(and elders too 🙂 ..)But ever tried to combine matar(green peas) and methi leaves in a pulao? This green combination works wonders and results in a delicious and easy lunch box rice item.Its easy! and its healthy 🙂 .. Remember,you can always make variation in measurements as per your preference.What I have presented here is a perfectly balanced flavors of green peas,methi leaves and ghee with flavorful basmati rice.You can also use normal white rice in place of basmati rice.But I know how overly curious are those taste buds in my family 😉 ..So I put maximum effort to satisfy them!
Basmati rice – 2 cups
water – 4 cups
matar/green peas – 1 cup
methi/fenugreek leaves – 1 cup
ghee – 5 tbsp
fennel seeds – 1 tsp
cinnamon sticks -2
cloves – 8
bay leaves – 3
cardamom – 3
coriander leaves – 1/2 cup
onion -1 , thin sliced
ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
green chillies – 2
salt to taste
turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
cashew nuts -30
- Heat 5 tbsp of ghee in pressure cooker.
- Add 2 cinnamon sticks,8 cloves,3 bay leaves and 3 cardamom pods.
- Also add a tsp of fennel seeds.
- Further,add 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Saute for few seconds and add 1 thin sliced onion.
- Fry onion until it turns translucent.
- Next add 1 cup of green peas and fry for a minute or so.
- Optionally add about 25 to 30 cashew nuts.
- Also add 2 thin green chillies.
- Now add 1 cup full of methi leaves.
- Further,add 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder and mix well.
- Finally add 2 cups of basmati rice.Its always advisable to soak basmati rice for 30 minutes before using any dish.
- Add salt as per taste and half cup of finely chopped coriander leaves.Mix well.
- Add 4 cups of water and pressure cook on high flame for 2 whistles and tasty matar methi pulao will be ready to serve:)
Step by step photos:
Heat 5 tbsp of ghee in cooker. Add 2 cinnamon sticks,8 cloves,3 bay leaves,3 cardamom pods,1 tsp of fennel seeds and 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.Saute the whole spices and ginger garlic paste for few seconds. Next add 1 thin sliced onion and fry until onion turns translucent. Add 1 cup of green peas and fry for a minute or so. Optionally add 30 cashew nuts. Also add 2 thin slit green chillies. Next main ingredient to be added is 1 cup if fresh methi leaves. Further,add 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
Mix well and add 2 cups of basmati rice and salt as per taste. Finally add 1/2 cup of finely chopped coriander leaves and 4 cups of water. Pressure cook on high flame for 2 whistles and our matar methi pulao will be ready 🙂 ..