milk powder burfi in 10 minutes | instant milk burfi recipe with step by step photos:
Milk powder burfi is an instant sweet recipe that can be made in a jiffy.Takes very few ingredients,less effort and less time 🙂 .Its an easy yet very delicious burfi that can be made on any festive occasions or for guests.Traditionally milk burfi is made by boiling milk on low flame until it thickens and forms mawa or khoya.But in this instant milk burfi we use milk powder.I have used powdered sugar for extra sweetness,you can also use condensed milk instead of sugar.
milk powder – 1 cup
ghee – 3 tbsp
milk – 1/3 cup
powdered sugar – 1/4 cup
cardamom powder – 1/3 tsp
pistachio & almonds – 2 tsp , finely chopped
- Keep a pan on the stove.Let the flame be low.
- Add 3 tbsp of ghee and wait until it melts.
- Pour in 1/3 cup of milk.
- Add 1 cup of milk powder,add it little at a time to avoid lump formation.
- Stir it continuously on low flame to avoid lumps.
- Make sure the flame is kept low throughout.
- Once milk powder is mixed well with milk,add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Continue to stir on low flame.Sugar melts.
- Milk powder starts thickening and at one stage starts separating from the pan.Turn off the flame and add 1/3 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Mix well and transfer the mixture onto a greased tray.Pat it on top to give a smooth surface.
- Spread some finely chopped pistachio and almonds on top and press it well.
- Allow the burfi rest for a minimum of 30 minutes before you cut it into pieces.
- After 30 to 45 minutes cut the burfi into pieces and they are ready to melt in your mouth 🙂
Step by step photos:
Keep a pan on the stove on low flame.Add 3 tbsp of ghee.
Once ghee melts,add 1/3 cup of milk and 1 cup of milk powder.Add milk powder little at a time to avoid lump formation. Cook it on low flame to avoid lump formation and keep stirring continuously. Next,add 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and stir again. Sugar melts and mixture starts thickening.At one stage it forms a single lump and starts separating from pan. Turn off the flame and add 1/3 tsp of cardamom powder.Mix well. Transfer the burfi mixture onto a greased tray and pat on top to give a smooth surface.Garnish on top with some finely chopped pistachio and almonds. Wait for a minimum of 30 minutes before you cut the burfi into pieces.And our instant milk powder burfi would be ready to eat 🙂