Pineapple kesari bath or Pineapple rava kesari is most commonly done sweet dish in our house mainly because pineapple is easily available in our garden.My mother mostly makes pineaaple gojju or pineaaple jam.And I go for pineapple kesaribath as its my daughters favourite :).The recipe is very much similar to the rava kesari or kesari bath except for the changes in measurement and addition of pineapple.So here comes the detailed recipe.
- Finely chopped Pineapple slices – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Cashew nuts – 2 tbsp
- Raisins – 2 tbsp
- Rava/Semolina/suji – 1 cup
- Water – 2.5 cups
- Saffron – 1/4 tsp
- Warm milk – 3 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- To start with take 1/2 cup of finely sliced pineapple and add it to the pressure cooker.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar to cooker.You can vary the sugar measurement as per your sweet preference.
- Also add 1/2 cup of water to cooker and pressure cook the pineapple in high flame upto 3 whistles.
- Once the pressure goes down open the cooker lid and keep aside the pressure cooked pineapple.
- Next in a saute pan take 1/4 cup of ghee.
- Fry 2 tbsps if cashew nuts and raisins separately in ghee and keep them aside.
- To the remaining ghee in same pan add 1 cup of rava or semolina.
- Roast semolina in ghee in low flame for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Keep aside the roasted rava. Transfer the roasted rava onto a plate so that it doesn’t turn dark in colour.
- Next in a separate sauce pan,keep 2 cups of water for boiling.Once the water starts boiling add roasted rava and stir it continuosly to avoid lumps.
- Cover it with a lid and let it get cooked in low flame for about 2 minutes.After that open the lid stir the mixture again to avoid lumps.
- Now add 1/2 cup of sugar.The exact quantity of sugar to be added depends on your sweet preference and the pineapple you use.
- Also add the pressure cooked pineapple along with its sugar syrup.
- Mix everything together.
- Next add 1/4 cup of ghee little at a time and simultaneously stirring it well.
- Finally add 1/4 tsp of saffron soaked in 3 tbsp of warm milk 5 minutes in advance.Mix again.
- Turn off the flame and add 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder and ghee roasted cashew nuts and raisins.
- There we are… ready with flavorful,colorful and tasty pineapple kesari bath 🙂 .
Step by Step photos:
1.Add 1/2 cup of pineapple sliced to pressure cooker.
2.Further,add 1/4 cup of sugar.
3.Also add 1/2 cup of water.Pressure cook on high flame for 3 whistles.
4.Keep aside the pressure cooked pineapple.Next,in a pan take 1/4 cup of ghee initially.
5.Ghee roast 2 tbsps of cashew nuts and raisins and keep them aside on a plate.
6.To the remaining ghee in the pan add 1 cup of rava and fry it in low flame for 6 to 7 minutes without burning rava.
7.Transfer the fried rava onto a plate.Next in a sauce pan keep 2 cups of water for boiling.
8.Once the water starts boiling,add fried rava and simultaneously stir it in order to avoid any lump formation.
9.Give it a good stir and allow rava to absorb water for 2 minutes in low flame with lid closed.After 2 minutes open the lid and add 1/2 cup of sugar.
10.Also add pressure cooked pineapple along with the sugar syrup.
11.Further add 1/4 cup of ghee little at a time and simultaneously stir it so that ghee blends well with rava. 12.Finally add saffron soaked in milk and mix well.
13.Now turn off the flame and add 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
14.Also add ghee roasted cashew nuts and raisins and mix well.
15.And our tasty,colorful and flavorful Pineapple kesari bath will be ready !! 🙂