Poha moong dal dosa | Ghee roasted Poha dosa recipe with step by step photos:
Poha moong dal dosa is thin and crisp and goes well with any spicy chutney.In contrast to the traditional poha dosa where we use raw rice for making dosa,in this recipe we use soaked moong dal.A must try recipe if you are a fan of south Indian breakfast items especially dosas.And I am glad that I have many more dosa recipes to upload in this series 🙂
thick poha – 1 cup
moong dal – 1 cup
fresh shredded coconut – 1 cup
salt – as per taste
green chillies,finely chopped – 1 tbsp
ginger,finely chopped – 1 tbsp
cumin seeds – 1 tsp
coriander leaves,finely chopped – 2 tbsp
ghee – to roast/cook dosas
- Soak both thick poha and moong dal separately in water for 1 hour.
- After an hour of soaking drain water and grind poha and moong dal along with 1 cup of fresh shredded coconut into a fine batter.
- Add salt,cumin seeds,green chilli,ginger and coriander leaves to the batter and mix well.
- Check the batter consistency and if required add water and adjust the consistency to that of a plain dosa batter.
- Heat a tawa and spread little ghee.
- Spread batter just like you do for a plain dosa or masala dosa.
- Optionally you can also spread little more ghee on top of dosa for an extra taste and flavor.
- Cook dosas until they turn crisp and then fold and transfer to a serving plate.
- These dosas go well with coconut chutney or any other spicy chutney.
Step by step photos:
Soak 1 cup of thick poha and 1 cup of moong dal separately in water for 1 hour. After 1 hour of soaking,drain water and transfer moong dal,poha and 1 cup of fresh shredded coconut into a blending jar.
Grind them into a fine batter,transfer the batter into a bowl and check the batter consistency.If required add water and bring the batter consistency similar to that of masala dosa batter. Once you adjust the consistency add salt,finely chopped green chilli,finely chopped ginger and finely chopped coriander leaves. Also add 1 tsp of cumin seeds to the batter. Mix well and keep the batter ready.Heat a tawa and apply little ghee. Spread a ladle full of batter. Spread little more ghee on top for extra taste and flavor. Roast dosa until it turns crisp.Once it is done.fold dosa in middle and transfer it to a serving plate.Serve with spicy coriander coconut chutney.