Rava laddu is a popular ladoo recipe in India made during festivals and special occasions.Its a sweet ladoo made with semolina and dry nuts and fruits.Since my childhood,I have seen my mother making this laddu whenever we demanded for some sweets and she used to make them in large quantity and store in air tight containers.
In this post I have explained step by step method of making rava laddu along with photos.A recipe that I have learnt from my mother 🙂
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Sugar-1 cup
- Ghee-2 to 3 tsp
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Cashew nuts – 2 tsp
- Raisins- 2 tsp
- Orange food color – a pinch
- Cardamom powder – 1/3 tsp
- Heat 2 tsp of ghee in a pan.
- To this add 1 cup of semolina or rava and stir-fry in low flame for 15 minutes.
- Rava turns light and aromatic.It should not change the color,so its important to fry it in very low flame.
- Next,prepare sugar syrup in a kadai by taking 1 cup of sugar and 1/3 cup of water and boiling them together.
- Sugar melts,continue to boil the syrup until you get a single thread consistency.
- As soon as single thread consistency is reached,turn off the flame and add cardamom powder,a pinch of food color,cashew nuts and raisins.
- Next add rava gradually while stirring it continuously to avoid any lump formation.
- Keep stirring the mixture while it cools.
- As you continue to stir,at one stage rava mixture will become thick enough to form ladoo(laddu).
- Wet your palms with cold water and immediately start shaping the laddu’s.If delayed further,rava mixture would turn completely hard and will become diffuclt to bind together into laddu’s.
- That’s all !! It is that easy to make rava ladoo 🙂 .Store them in an air tight jar .Make them this Ganesh Chaturthi and enjoy 🙂
Step by step photos :
1.Heat up 2 tsps of ghee in a pan.2.Add 1 cup of rava and stir fry it in low flame for 15 minutes.3. Rava should be fried in low flame so that it doesn’t change the color but is fried well.It turns light and aromatic.4.Keep aside the fried semolina.Next for preparing sugar syrup take 1 cup of sugar in a kadai.5.Add 1/3 cup of water.6.Boil the syrup until you get a single thread consistency.7.Once you get a single thread consistency turn off the flame.8.Now add 1/3 tsp of cardamom powder.9.Also add a pinch of orange food color.Adding food color is optional.10.Now add cashew nuts and raisins.11.Mix well and finally add fried semolina or rava.12.After adding rava keep stirring the mixture continuously while the mixture cools.It starts thickening.13.Transfer the thickened mixture onto a plate and quickly make all the laddus before the mixture cools completely.While making laddu wet your palms with cold water.And our mouthwatering rava ladoo will be ready to eat 🙂