rice ladoo recipe | instant rice laddu with step by step photos:
Rice laddu prepared with parboiled rice is an instant energy booster.Whenever I had cold and cough during my childhood,my Mother used to make these laddus by adding a tsp of black pepper powder.More than a cough remedy I used to enjoy these laddus as a snack item 😀 But now when I make these laddus I also add dry nuts and fruits to make it more attractive and tasty.Basically these laddus are a traditional recipes from South Canara region.
parboiled rice – 1 cup
jaggery – 3/4 cup
water – 1/4 cup
fresh shredded coconut – 1/2 cup
raisins – 2 tbsp
cashew nuts – 2 tbsp
Ghee – 1/2 tsp
- Heat a pan on stove and add 1 cup of parboiled rice(matta rice) to pan.
- Dry roast the rice on low to medium flame for about 15 to 20 minutes or until each rice granule puffs up completely.
- Transfer roasted rice to a blending jar and make a fine powder.Transfer powdered rice to a mixing bowl.
- Take 3/4 up of jaggery and heat it in a pan by adding 1/4 cup of water.
- Keep stirring until the jaggery melts completely and form a single thread consistency.
- Once single thread consistency is reached,add 1/2 cup of freshly shredded coconut and mix well with jaggery syrup.
- Cook on low flame for 2 more minutes and turn off the flame.
- Now add powdered rice to the mixture of jaggery syrup and coconut.
- Further add 2 tbsp each of raisins and cashew nuts and combine everything together.
- Apply little ghee to your palms and shape laddus of desired size.
- These laddus can be easily stored up to 7 to 10 days in an air tight container at room temperature.They are the best and healthy energy booster you can easily make at home.
Step by step photos:
Add 1 cup of parboiled rice to a pan and dry roast on low to medium flame.Roast until each rice granule puffs up completely.Transfer roasted rice to a blending jar and powder it. Next,in a pan heat 3/4 cup of jaggery. Add about 1/4 cup of water to make jaggery syrup.Boil until jaggery melts completely and forms single thread consistency.
Once single thread consistency is reached,add 1/2 cup of freshly shredded coconut and mix well with the syrup. Cook on low flame for 2 more minutes. Now add powdered rice. Also add 2 tbsp each of raisins and cashew nuts. Combine everything together. Apply little ghee to palms and shape laddus of desired size. Healthy and instant energy booster,kuchhilakki unde or rice laddu will be ready.