Til ki burfi recipe | til gur ki burfi recipe | pongal recipes with step by step photos:
Few days left for Makara Sankranti 🙂 .. a harvest festival popular by the name ‘Pongal’.And how is any festival complete without delicacies.Most popular delicacy prepared and shared during the festival is any sweet made with sesame seeds or til.It could be til burfi or til laddu..the seed is used in every possible way to make the festival special.
The recipe that I have got today is a healthy til gur ki burfi made with coarsely ground sesame seeds and jaggery as main ingredients.
white sesame seeds – 1 cup
ghee – 3 tsp
jaggery – 1/2 cup
pistachio or any dry nut – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Firstly,dry roast 1 cup white sesame seeds on low flame for about 3 minutes.
- Allow the roasted sesame seeds to cool and then grind the seeds into a coarse powder.
- In a pan heat 3 tsp of ghee and add 1/2 cup of ghee to it.
- Add about 2 tbsp of water and stir until jaggery melts completely.Continue to boil jaggery syrup on low flame for another 2 minutes and then add coarsely powdered sesame seeds.
- Mix well and keep stirring continuously on low flame.
- The mixture starts thickening and within 2 to 3 minutes it starts separating from pan forms single lump.Turn off the flame and transfer the burfi mixture to a greased tray.
- Flatten it and on top sprinkle some finely chopped dry nuts like pistachio,almonds or cashew nuts.
- Allow it to cool for 30 minutes and cut into desired shaped burfis.
Step by step photos:
Dry roast 1 cup of white sesame seeds for 3 minutes on low flame and grind the roasted seeds into coarse powder. Heat 3 tsp of ghee in a pan. Add 1/2 cup of jaggery. Add 2 tbsp of water and cook on low flame.Jaggery melts and continue to boil the syrup on low flame for 2 minutes more. Add coarsely ground sesame seeds and mix well.Cook on low flame.Within 2 to 3 minutes the mixture thickens and separates from pan.Turn off the flame. Transfer the mixture onto a greased tray and flatten it on top.Spread some chopped dry nuts. After 30 minutes cut the burfis into desired shapes. Make this healthy and delicious burfi on this Makara Sankranti and enjoy the festival 🙂 ..