How to make Pizza at home | Pizza recipe with step by step photos:
As I start to write this post,I realize I don’t have to describe what a pizza is :).That’s the extent of popularity it has got,especially among today’s young generation ! For them pizza is one food they can start and end their day with.But anyways,I must mention that there are many varieties of pizza based on what type of crust or pizza base we use,the toppings and whether it’s a stuffed crust or plain one,etc..We can make our own variations to the toppings.In this post I am giving the recipe of a simple,attractive and delicious veg pizza.
dry yeast – 1 tsp
all purpose flour – 1 cup
butter – 2 tbsp
oil – 1 tsp
pizza sauce – 4 to 5 tbsp
grated mozzarella – 1 cup
button mushrooms – 5 to 6
capsicum – 1/2 each of green,red and yellow
dark olives – 10
oregano – 1 tsp
red chilli flakes – as per taste
- Start the procedure by activating dry yeast.For that take 1 tsp of dry yeast in a small bowl and add 1 tsp of sugar and 4 to 5 tbsp of warm water to it.
- Allow it to rest for 15 minutes.Yeast would feed on sugar and get activated in 15 minutes.
- To prepare the dough take 1 cup of all purpose flour or maida in a mixing bowl.If you want the pizza base or the crust to be thick you can accordingly increase the measurements,proportionately.
- Add activated yeast to the flour in mixing bowl.Mix it well.
- Now add about 1/3 cup of water and knead the flour to form a dough.Do not make it a stiff dough.It is very important to knead the dough for atleast 8 to 10 minutes so that it helps in forming gluten.Initially you will find the dough very sticky.But do not add more flour to avoid stickiness.Instead stretch the dough with your palm and then fold it back.Add 2 tbsp of butter and continue kneading.Keep kneading the flour for 8 to 10 minutes and it would form a soft dough.At the end add 1 tsp of oil and apply it to the dough.Stretch the dough through sides and tuck it below so that it gets a smooth surface on top.Place the dough in greased(with oil) bowl and seal the bowl with a cling sheet or a lid.Keep the bowl in a warm place until you see a raise in the volume of dough.Wait until it doubles in volume.This should take anywhere between 2 to 2 and half hours depending on room temperature.
- I could see a perfect raise in dough in 2 hours.After 2 hours we need to slightly stretch the dough through sides.And place the dough on a greased pizza tray.
- Pat the dough with your palm and fingers and flatten it to fit the pizza tray.Give slight indentations through the edges so that the cheese,when melted,doesn’t flow out of the pizza base.
- With the help of a fork,prick the pizza base so that it doesn’t raise or puff up while baking.
- Now spread 4 to 5 tbsp of pizza sauce all over the pizza base.
- Top it off with grated mozzarella cheese followed by thin sliced capsicum,all three colors,thin sliced mushroom,and roundels of dark oilves.
- Sprinkle some oregano and red chilli flakes as per taste.
- Finally sprinkle some more grated cheese.
- Preheat the oven at 200° c and bake pizza at 200° for 13 to 15 minutes on medium rack.
- Enjoy the delicious pizza with your kids and family 😀 .. Will add more pizza recipes to this list soon,till then happy cooking 🙂
Step by step photos:
Activate 1 tsp of dry yeast in a cup by mixing it with 1 tsp of sugar and 4 to 5 tbsp of warm water.Allow the mixture to rest in a warm place so that yeast gets activated easily.In a mixing bowl take 1 cup of all purpose flour . Add activated yeast to the bowl and mix it with the flour. Add about 1/3 cup of water and knead the dough. Add 2 tbsp of butter and continue to knead the dough for at least 8 to 10 minutes. Finally spread a tsp of oil on dough and place it in a greased bowl.Cover the bowl and seal it tight.Let the dough rest for 2 to 2.5 hours until the dough doubles in volume.
Punch the dough and stretch it through sides. Place the dough on greased pizza tray and flatten it with your fingers to fit the tray. With the help of a fork prick the pizza base to avoid the base from puffing up or raising in volume while baking. Spread some pizza sauce about 4 to 5 tbsp all over the pizza crust. Spread some grated mozzarella followed by all the vegetables and olives as shown in pictures below.Finally also sprinkle some oregano and red chilli flakes. Bake the pizza on middle rack at 200° C for 15 minutes maximum. That’s all the procedure for a mouth watering,delicious veg pizza 🙂 . Enjoy !